HOW TO SUBMIT A GUEST BLOG POST TO THE NCWA
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING YOUR GUEST BLOG POST
If you can answer “yes” to each of the items below, you are ready to submit your guest blog post for publication!
- You understand that NWCA does not pay guest bloggers.
- Is your post between 300 and 700 words?
- Is your post ready to be sent in a Microsoft Word Document format?
- Does your post relate to NCWA members; NCWA mission, events, or meetings; the writing journey; or writing tools?
- Is your post helpful, informational, and/or encouraging?
- If you use them, have you properly attributed any quotes, data, images, or third-party content used?
- Has your post been edited for grammar, punctuation, and spelling?
- If NCWA editors feel your original post needs to be edited in a major way to keep within guidelines, you will be contacted. (You have the right to say, “No, thank you.” So does the NCWA.)
- Your post has NO self-promotional content.
- If you like, a link to your website can be placed in your author’s bio.
- You are welcome to mention a current project and include a graphic (thumbnail) of your book, if available.
- Your post has NO plagiarized content.
- Your post can be a reaction to another article, blog post, etc. provided that written permission from the author to quote it on NCWA’s blog is attached and you provide the exact source of the piece to which you are reacting. (The only exception is public domain items.)
- Your submission may be from your published personal blog, provided it is tailored for NWCA readers.
- Have you included an image to be published with your blog that relates to it and adds value to your post?
- Posts on the NWCA blog are linked from other NWCA social media that use images (Pinterest, Twitter, etc.).
- If you are unable to provide one, an image will be selected for you, but it may delay publication.
- Have you included a high-resolution image of yourself for your author’s bio?
- Have you included an author’s bio containing no more than 50 words?
- Have you included a link to your personal website or blog?
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING YOUR GUEST BLOG POST FOR PUBLICATION
When you are confident that your blog post is ready and meets each item of the “Guidelines for Writing Your Guest Post” listed above, please send your submission via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The body of the e-mail should include:
- the title of your post;
- how your post relates to and will benefit blog readers;
- your contact information – name, e-mail, phone number and the best way/time to contact you, if the need occurs.
- Attach your guest post blog to your e-mail as a (Microsoft) Word document.
- The subject of the e-mail should read “Blog Submission (Insert Your Last Name)”
GUIDELINES FOR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- You will receive confirmation that your submission has been received.
- Your blog will be reviewed and if we have questions or concerns regarding its readiness for publication, we will contact you.
- When your submission is accepted, we will contact you with the target date for publication.